Every playtime a group of year 5/6 children are taking it in turns to be our Playground Leaders.They will be responsible for:
- Collecting in ideas for activities.
- Setting up playground tasks.
- Advertising the event on the playground and trying to involve as many children as possible.
- Explaining the task and rules to the children.
- Teaching children new games and skills.
- Making sure that any children looking "left out" are asked to join in.
- Making sure the activities are run fairly.
- Choosing new playground equipment.
This is a great start to their leadership skills and each leader will receive a certificate.
After a class vote our leader vest was chosen!